Here are some things I learned during my month away:
1. Mixing cement is like making a cake.
2. Laying bricks is like icing a cake.
3. Some things get so dirty they will never be clean again.
4. I can survive on five and a half hours sleep.
5. In the case of a flood, it's important to locate your toilet paper.
6. If you decide to share, you will always have more than enough.
7. The Spanish words for lice, dandruff, stitch, bat, and bobble.
8. A well has to be dug more than 100 metres away from a septic tank.
9. A flushing toilet is a wonderful thing.
10. You have to lie at an angle to sleep comfortably in a hammock.